In order to maintain accurate historical records of user involvement, participation, and event attendance, users cannot be deleted from your campus community. However, depending on your campus’s authentication process, students may be restricted from accessing the site if they no longer have an active status at your institution. When your campus IT staff disables the user’s account, the user will also no longer be able to access Engage.
As students leave your institution due to graduation, transfer, or for any other reason, you can archive their associated user information within your Engage system, instantly ending their memberships. This will preserve their involvement activity records for future reporting.
Archived users will have all of their current memberships terminated, and all of their membership invitations, membership requests, and system inbox messages removed.
Do not not archive an Engage user unless that user's campus account has already been disabled! Archiving a user who has not been deactivated by your campus IT can cause data issues.
Archive an individual user
- Go to the Admin view.
- From the Users menu, choose User List.
- Search for and select the user to be removed.
- Click Archive User.
Archiving users in bulk
While you can individually select users to archive, dealing with an entire population of students who have just graduated would be a cumbersome process. Engage offers a bulk archiving or unarchiving process to assist in these situations.
- To bulk archive users, you must provide one of three unique identifiers for your students: Username, Campus Email Address, or campus Card ID number.
- Consult your institution’s registrar or other appropriate academic official in order to obtain a listing of the students who have successfully completed the requirements for graduation. This listing only needs to contain the unique identifier found in the step above.
- Contact the Campus Labs Support Team (email@example.com) with either a .csv or .txt file with only one column that contains the unique identifier.
Unarchive a User
If a user returns to your institution, you can unarchive their account, but only their profile information and security options will be restored. No other details will be restored. To unarchive a user, find that user in the Archive tab of the full user list. Click on the name of the user and click Unarchive at the top of the page.