Finance stages allow for you to mimic your office's workflow in the approval process for purchase and funding requests. These stages indicate the different steps each request can take before the final approval. Here are a few things you should know about finance stages before you create them:
- You can set up a maximum of five stages in your process.
- It will not be a requirement that someone signs off on each stage before the request is passed along. For example, a Stage One reviewer could move the request along to Stage Four. Stages do not prompt specific workflow, and there are no notifications between stages. The stages exist to help provide a system that imitates the workflow your office or department utilizes.
- Finance stage reviewers are similar to admin form reviewers - they are there to provide feedback on the form, but at the end of the day, the site admins (or those with full access to Finance) will have final say over the requests' decision.
- You will only be able to assign these stages to campus-wide Position Templates, allowing a user holding a position within an organization to serve as a reviewer for that specific organization's finance requests. For example, you might want every organization's advisor or president to be a reviewer at a different stage of the request. However, if you want a specific user (e.g. the SGA President) to be a reviewer on every request regardless of the organization that submitted it, that user will need to have full administrative access to the finance tool. To learn more about granting admin access, view this article.
Creating finance stages
- From the Administration area, navigate to the Finance drop down and click Finance Stages.
- To the right, enter a name and description for your stage, and click Add.
- Use the blue arrows to the right of the name of the stage to move it up or down, mirroring your office's workflow process.
Assigning users to finance stages
Once your stages have been created, you will want to add users by position template to be reviewers at each stage. Campus-wide positions templates can be assigned or tasked with reviewing finance submissions at these different stages. You will first need to create these position templates, and then you can assign them to stages by following these steps:
- From your Administration tools area, click on Organizations and select Position Templates.
- Click on the name of the position you would like to assign to a finance stage.
- Select the Finance Stages tab. A list of stages will populate.
- Click the check box next to each stage you would like holders of this position to be assigned to.
- Select whether you want to apply this change to all users holding this position.
- Click Update to save these changes.