This article applies to an Event that is already posted. To learn more about making changes to an event prior to approving it, you can refer to "Revise Event Submissions During Review."
If you need to make changes to the details of an event, such as the time, location, or visibility, you can do so by initiating a Change Request for the event. Follow the instructions below based on your role within the community.
Accessing the Event Dashboard
Submitting a Change Request for an event that has already been approved is simple in Engage. First, you should navigate to the Event Dashboard. There are three ways to get to this page:
Traditional Route through Manage
- Alter your view to Manage using the switchboard in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Open the hosting organization's Action Center.
- If you are an administrator, you may need to search for the organization in the provided search box.
- If you are a member of the organization, you should see a link to the organization prominently displayed.
- Open your organization tools and select Events.
- If you do not see this button, you do not have the appropriate level of access within your organization or administration to make changes to event details.
- Identify the event you would like to edit and click on its name to arrive at the Event Dashboard.
An administrator can also skip steps 2&3 by navigating to their branch's Event List and searching for the event from this view instead to open its Events Dashboard directly.
Route through Explore
- If you are already viewing the event on the Explore view of Engage, you should see a "Manage Event" button on the Event Page. Clicking this button will open a new window leading you to the Events Dashboard. If you do not see this button, you do not have the appropriate level of access within your organization or administration to make changes to event details.
Changing Event Details
From the Events Dashboard, select Change Details. This will initiate a Change Request.
Make any changes to your event as necessary; when you are finished, you will be prompted to resubmit the request. Depending on your access level, you may have a slightly different experience entering your change request:
- Organization Officers: Any changes made will need to be approved by your administrators before they appear. You will need
- Branch Administrators: Your changes will not automatically approve, but you will see the event eligible to be approved in your Event review queue. You will also see the ability to skip custom fields if desired.
- Community Administrators/Administrators with "Full" Events Access: Your changes will automatically approve. You will also see the ability to skip custom fields.